Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Blue Jell-O Is Satan's Handy Work


If I haven’t mentioned before, let it be known at this moment that K is truly insane. I suspected as much before we married and he is very good at seeming quite sane for the most part, only occasionally does his insanity rear its head. This past Monday is when his most recent bout of insanity hit.

K promised the little people over the weekend that they could make Jell-O eggs. We have 3 or 4 Jell-O egg molds that have been collected over the years (collected but seldom used). Monday evening when he returned from his slave laboring he was bearing a bag full of colorful Jell-O powder. Yay. Red, green and blue. While I did my slave labor for the evening he and the little people prepared the concoction for the Jell-O eggs and had them chilling in the fridge by the time I returned. Tuesday morning the little people woke from their Jell-O egg dreams begging for a breakfast of them. I relented to their request as I really didn’t want to cook. I prepared a place for the little people to consume their unnatural food and gave them each a bowl with two Jell-O eggs which were quickly consumed. Thinking that the mess was fairly easily contained I let them have more eggs – which this time I allowed Super Girl to get from the fridge (my first and second mistake). The little people did not eat much of the second round of Jell-O eggs. The eggs became a non ending source of entertainment for them. At the point that the eggs began to fall onto my (badly in need of a steam cleaning) carpet I put an end to the ‘fun’. Unfortunately for me having let the kids serve themselves to the eggs that one time, they now had the erroneous notion that it they now had permission to get Jell-O eggs for themselves whenever they desired them. Grrr… I spent a great deal of time picking up half eaten eggs yesterday. By the time K got home yesterday evening all but a few of the Jell-O eggs had been consumed/destroyed/disposed of… or so I thought.

This morning I gave the little people a nutritious and delicious breakfast of Cheerios. The Jell-o eggs were now just an unpleasant memory. I started cleaning. About 9:30 am I noticed a blue blob on the carpet and with a bit of disgust I picked it up. Then I saw it… a trail of blue spots leading to a massacred Jell-O egg. I thought…uh… maybe I shouldn’t share exactly what I thought but it had something to do with the fact that I thought I was free of the damn eggs and how I desired to commit grave bodily harm against K for even buying Jell-O let alone BLUE! I spent 20 minutes scrubbing blue spots off my carpet cursing people. Jell-O – especially BLUE – has now joined the list of BANNED foods in my house. It is EVIL and insidious and makes nasty marks on the carpets (and children for that matter) and is deceptive (you think it’s solid and will be easy to clean up if dropped on something, yet it’s just waiting to touch something and dissolve into a horribly staining liquid made by Satan himself).

No comments: