Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Tater Chips And Krispe Kream For All!

Tonight starts the first night of Chanukah. The first of eight nights of latkes and soofganiyot (that's potato pancakes and donuts for you goy). I actually don't plan to have this EVERY night for 8 nights (my ass would be as wide as a barn if I did), tonight we will have it, but tomorrow probably just some other vegetable latkes probably by the 8th night I'll just pass around a bag of chips and box of Krispe Kream donuts. I get tired of frying stuff, I know it's the festival to celebrate the miracle of the oil, but the real miracle is that more Jews don't just keel over from heart attacks by the 6th night.

The Little People are totally ready for Chanukah. I'm mostly ready, still need to get candles for the menorah. I'll post pictures of our candle lighting tomorrow.

This year we really went overboard on the kids. K and I didn't do our shopping together as we should have. We did discuss what to get for holiday presents and we did end up getting them most of what we discussed - that what I had intended, I had intended to get them only some of what we discussed. Luckily it's mostly games. Tonight they will start with a card game, tomorrow I think they'll get the crayons and drawing stuff and we'll work up to the SUPER COOL (Barbies, dress up wings and Disney Princess Tea Set and Cart) stuff toward the end of the 8 days.

As for me I've already gotten my Chanukah presents. Everything was given to me early. My sister took me on a very generous shopping trip, K got me a very nice jacket and XXX gave me a beautiful Jewish Calender. I'm happy.

Anyway, hope everyone has a lovely Channukah.

No comments: