Thursday, November 03, 2005


Enjoy The Silence…


I truly believe the only people who can really appreciate silence are parents and teachers. I love the Little People more than the air I breathe, but GAWD it’s nice to have some silence FINALLY today. Seriously, I haven’t had a moment of silence all freaking day long. Much to my chagrin both kids woke at the same time this morning, I am some what spoiled by Cabbage Patch usually sleeping in until 8 am or later, so her being awake at 6 am was just disturbing and disappointing. Why? Because she has reached the age of constant noise as in she has to constantly be making noise. If she isn’t talking to me, she’s talking to herself, or singing to me or to the cats or just running in circles making random noises. It’s like spending the day at the mental ward. And if that isn’t bad enough when Super Girl gets home the volume goes UP! Way UP! Not just the SOUND but the actual volume of noise. Most days I’m good at using my finely tuned Mommy Hearing – that is I can filter out what is important such as a child screaming because a sibling is duct taping them to the toilet or the high pitched meow of a cat getting ready to get a hair cut with a safety razor and a pair of kindergarten scissors as opposed to the constant drone of ‘mom, mom, mom, I want a snack.’, today… well it’s nearly 7 pm and I think my Mommy Hearing has been switched off for the night. Or maybe it’s the pain I’m having from my shoulder to my head that’s making me less enthusiastic to listen to a litany of mom, mom, mom interspersed with the mostly incoherent babblings of a 4 year old playing with her stuffed rat. Eh… whatever, it’s quiet for a few moments.

On to other things.

TRF was an amazing experience. Just the drive there was an experience! Woohoo! We got a late start and being on the road as you approach 20 hours without sleep can be really bizarre. I honestly can not tell you what we discussed as we drove, but we talked non stop for the last couple of hours.

After arriving at camp at 4:30 am, we were all up and having breakfast at 8:30 am. Then it was into garb and off to faire! Woohoooo!!! I had so much fun! (check out the photos here) Whysper dressed up as Mae West for the Halloween costume contest in faire that day and she kept getting stopped by people wanting to take her photo.

Later than night Whysper, The Wife and I dressed in our costumes for Tinabug’s party. Whypser was Alice, The Wife was the Queen of Hearts and I was the Mad Hatter. I don’t think anyone ever envisioned that tale with so much cleavage or that many pouffy petticoats. After the party the three of us wandered around in an inebriated state visiting people in different camps. My apologies Sable and Lerxst for standing in the door of your camper and letting the cold in, but honestly you had way too many open flames for me to step inside without causing a flaming catstrophy. Whysper and I deposited The Wife back at camp and set out to find another party, but alas, possibly because of the cold, there wasn’t any good parties happening and we ended up back in our own camp playing the Gawdforsaken Name Game. Sheesh, I can not believe we played it so long! At the point that I was starting to fall asleep in my chair, I knew it was time to go to bed.

Sunday was another fun day at faire. It started it out with pancakes, eggs and sausage (pig free for me). The Alice group wore our most fabulous costumes in that day. Sometime in the afternoon we caught up with that darn white rabbit and got a picture with her.

We stayed to see the fireworks though I should have left earlier as I was riding back with Luna and I think she wanted to leave earlier. My bad, I just lost track of time.

The ride back was much quicker as Luna drives somewhere near the speed of light. No biggie, I was happy to get home. The Little People were thrilled with the gift of Baby Plague Rats and loved looking at all the photos, although Cabbage Patch insists that the photo of Whypser as Mae West is NOT Whysper.

Other things…

Ya know, it’s always amusing when the Little People quote lines from Young Frankenstein.

No comments: