Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Random Shit

85 % of all life on this planet is plankton… I think I’m plankton.

US to scale back mad cow surveillance program” That headline just gave me the giggles as I thought of CIA men standing in pastures among the cows radioing back and forth to each other “Everything looks good here”.

Living Will

Last night I tried to escape my family by sneaking off to the bathroom to sit in a bath and read. My escape attempts were thwarted by my offspring who found me and decided that I needed constant and talkative companionship. (now earlier that morning the progeny had deemed my bathroom off limits as they saw a BIG BUG in there, so I THOUGHT the imminent threat of a BIG BUG would deter them.) First up was Super Girl who had to ask me if I was afraid of the BIG BUG (no), what would I do if the BIG BUG got into my bath (scream), that she was afraid of the BIG BUG (no kidding) but was going to sit on the toilet seat and chat with me anyway (darn). THEN she started up with ‘When you die, can I have your…’ I stopped her and asked her WHY she was asking that and she just asked it again. I decided not to give her any incentive to bump me off so soon so I told her that when she was a grown up she could buy one for herself and to not get any ideas. Next thing you know Cabbage Patch is in the bathroom and she’s wondering if she can take a bath with me (NO!) then she wants to know if I’m reading (trying to, now leave). I finally did convince them to leave about the time my bath was getting cold. *sigh* Today out of the blue Cabbage Patch pointed to something and started in with the “When you die, can I have your…” I just stopped and looked at her then asked if she was planning to kill me soon. So people, if I die in a suspicious play-doh accident in the near future, you’ll know why!

No comments: