Thursday, July 03, 2003

Happy 4th Everyone!

Tomorrow is the 4th. I hope everyone has a happy and responsible holiday. As for me I’ll be working. I was offered the opportunity to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday at all of my hospitals – and being that it is a holiday and my husband will be off work, I can take that opportunity. So I’ll be celebrating the 4th in true American tradition, I’ll be working my ass off to make a buck! Hopefully the 4th will be much like most other holidays that cause people to spend more money because I work on commission.

And speaking of money…

Now that my husband has a JOB I’m planning something special…

A VACATION!!!

For ME. I have no clue where I’m going to go, but I’m going to get away at least for a few days this fall. I may go visit different people I know around the US. (if you want me to visit, let me know ;o) Maybe Vegas… who knows… But I need a vacation. I haven’t had a vacation in about 3 years! Hubby took a vacation about a year and a half ago – I nearly committed murder when he did that… leaving me with a toddler and an infant for a whole freaking week… grrr…. Anyway… this is MY year for a vacation. If you have any suggestions for places to vacation, just say so. ;o)

It’s A Boobie Thing, You Wouldn’t Understand It

Today Super Girl nearly gave her daddy a heart attack. She had changed out of her dance clothes and was just wearing a short button up toddler dress as a shirt and her panties, we were telling her she needed to put some shorts on or pants on. She said to me that she was going to put on a dress so I said that she would need to take off that shirt then she looked right at me and said “Nah-ah, it’s a boobie thing.” And puffed her little 4 year old chest out at me. I nearly fell off the sofa trying to stifle my laughter. I encouraged her to repeat herself for her daddy’s benefit; boy I wish I had caught that look on his face. Just the mere mention of bra – even training bra – and our daughter makes him break out in a cold sweat, and G-d forbid anyone elude to future years when she will hit puberty! Sigh she’s trying to grow up so fast, that’s what scares the hell out of me, that one day I’m going to be walking her to dance class, discussing which story book characters live in the ‘forest’ we walk through and the next thing I know she’s going to be driving off in a car and I’ll be wondering what kind of characters will be out in the ‘forest’ she’ll be venturing into.

No comments: