Friday, November 14, 2003

Things That Piss Me Off

I really hate when people feel the unstoppable compulsion to criticize someone's blog content. Now I don't mind if someone tells me if the margins are too narrow or the text is to small or something like that, but don't start flaming me on my content. I write what I feel, people may not agree with me or share my opinion of something and it may not be interesting or exciting but it's mine and it's what I am writing from MY point of view. If one doesn't like it, don't read it. I'm not paying readers, no one is paying me to write so outside input is not necessary.

There are plenty of times I have gone to a blog and have thought that particular writer was full of shit, nutty as a fruitcake or just a boring waste of carbon. Never once have I told the writer these things. Why? Because I realize that on their blog they have the right to make any damn statement they want, even if it's wrong (I guess as long as it's not breaking the law, which really isn't my area of expertise). It's kind of pointless, foolish and conceited to think that because I don't like the content I have the right to flame the writer. Why? Why take the time to do something like that? Just to piss them off? Because Your opinion is so damn important and your point if view is so flawless you MUST save the writer from imminent peril and damnation? Yeah right, bite me.

So... Anyway, if one comes here and disagrees with the content, here are my suggestions of what to do - 1) go to another web site, I'm sure you can find something you like on the internet or 2) go write in your own blog about what a fucking moron I am, I'm sure it will make you feel better or something. Don't flame me or admonish me or rebuke me or tell me how to live my life, raise my kids, what kind of language to use or what religion I need to follow or anything else like that because all you will have accomplished is pissing me off - I'll either delete your comment or I'll edit it. Now if you want to just blow sunshine up my ass, well I'm cool with that, please go right ahead. If you want to make a well thought out and intelligent comment, type away. If you want to ask me a question, debate something in an intelligent and respectful manner, I'm up for it. Just don't fucking flame me as I reserve the right to delete your asswad comment or edit it as I feel inclined, make fun of your grammar, intellect or the clothes you dress your dog in. It's just not worth it.

No comments: