Monday, December 13, 2004

Weekend Crap

My weekend was frustrating at best. Some moments were really good; a lot of moments were just difficult.

Saturday

The day of Super Girl’s holiday dance recital at 3:30 pm. I head into to work not nearly as early as intended as I had to wash, dry and set Super Girl’s hair before I left. I entrusted K to handle the rest of preparation – I did this with much trepidation as I’m a total control freak in some areas.

My first hospital went smoothly, 7 on the list, 6 who could wait until Sunday. My second hospital was not so good. I’m greeted once again with unhappy nurses as the Friday photographers didn’t do their fucking jobs. Apparently 4 parents who were going home Saturday didn’t have their photos taken Friday even though the photographer talked to them and told them she would be in to photo their baby shortly. She just never fucking showed up. Great, unhappy nurses and pissed off parents. My favorite. Apparently the camera stopped working on cart 1. The photographer didn’t show up, didn’t even bother to tell the parents why. There are two photographers who work Friday so honestly there is absolutely no reason these people should not have been taken care of. The photographer with the broken camera should have had the other photographer take care of the 4 people. But of course not, the Friday people are Fuck-tards.

Three of the 4 were appreciative I was taking care of them and were somewhat understanding of the broken camera. One however was seriously pissed off and started to bitch me out – which I did not take.

The rest of the workday was spent with a very tight schedule so I could leave by 2:15 pm. I didn’t leave until 2:30 pm due to a very late and very insistent on having photos parent of a baby in NICU. *sigh*

I arrived at the recital just moments before it was to start, a quick check of Super Girl and off to my seat which K and B had held for me. Our seats were horrible this year, off to the side and a few rows back. This year they combined all classes for the recital so there was standing room only in the class. A few acts into the recital they brought in more seats for people and put them in two rows right in front of where we were. Fabulous. Now all I could see of my child was the top half of her head with her hot pink bow. I didn’t get any photos of her dancing; hell I couldn’t even see her dancing! Grrr…

We left when the tumbling started and headed home. Super Girl was adorable in her dance outfit (I did get a photo of that – and amazingly it came out fabulous despite her being a stubborn brat about having her photo taken… you’d think by now she’d be used to the photos commemorating EVERY damn thing in her life by now).

Lighting The Candles

Back home to eat left over (from lunch) pizza and yell at children to pick up their crap off the floor. We lit the candles and the children received nothing for Chanukah that as earlier that day they had peeked in my closet at their presents. I however was surprised by Chanukah presents from K and B. Specialty coffee (mmmm), a bad ass whisk from some high end gourmet store and a scraper thingy to go with it and a BOOK! Not just any book, but a book I have WANTED. The first of the Lemony Snicket ‘A Series Of Unfortunate Events’ books. All very nice and much appreciated.

Then they left. K, B and the Little People. *sigh* They usually leave on Saturdays – often they aren’t even here when I get home from work. I’m used to it. I considered what I should do for the rest of the evening since it was all mine and though I had several options (clean house, go to the movies, clean house, take a bath, clean house, read my book, clean house, work on one of my many unfinished projects, clean house, paint my toenails, clean house…) I was suddenly struck feeling very, deeply, utterly and completely alone. And I was. I usually like being alone yet that night the lonesome feeling was surprisingly huge.

Bath

I opted to take a long hot bath and read my book. Now I’m not a ‘long hot bath’ person. I don’t generally enjoy them. After cleaning and shaving appropriate body parts, I can’t see a reason to continue sitting in a pool of one’s own filthy bath water. But I tried to enjoy it; I did after all have some new bath salts and stuff. It didn’t really work, the bath smelled nice but I didn’t really enjoy it. I ended up draining the tub and showering off to feel CLEAN then heading to the couch to read my book – which I finished.

I enjoyed the book quite a bit and am anxious to get the next two in the series before I commit to seeing the movie (which is based on the first three books).

Then I went to bed.

Luckily Sunday was a better day (for the most part)

Work went smoothly and was quite profitable (and I didn’t even have to earn all the money!). I spoke with my hot and sexy boyfriend XXX. We went to a pet store and procured a new rodent for me (which is an absolutely adorable little critter); we had yummy spicy Chinese food for dinner and lit the candles.

More later… deep meaningful in-depth look at my damaged psyche. (I know you’re excited at the prospect!)

No comments: