Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Good News!

I finally got a phone call from my brother yesterday, he's in Tennesee now. Somehow they got shuffled all over the US and ended up right where they had been planning to go anyway (my brother and his wife had plan at the beginning of Sept. to move from New Orleans to Tennesee to be closer to her family). I'm glad he's safe and it was very hard to hear my brother tell me that he was okay, they where where they needed to be and that they had lost everything, but he was thankful to be alive. I'm collecting a box of things for him and his wife right now and will send them along as soon as I have an adress for them. Robert (my brother) said that through it all he had yet to talk to anyone from FEMA even though he had tried several times to reach someone. *sigh* At least he's safe!

More good news - I spoke to a hot and sexy man I know who made sure I was aware that he no longer has a girlfriend. YEAH! I see a road trip for a booty call on the horizon!

Not So Good Things...

I spoke with my father shortly before my brother called and he was very stressed and emotional from not hearing from my brother, and that worries me because he has heart issues. *sigh* Daddy called back after Robert called him and he was quite relieved, but that didn't last long, the happiness I mean. Every phone call with my father is a negotiation in GUILT and this was no different. I got my fill of guilt for the year.

K is still looking for a job. This is quite frustrating.

Other Things

Sunday I took the Tiny Terrorists with me to go tubing in Glenrose. They whined quite a bit and at one point Super Girl said to me "Is this ALL we do???" to which I replied "Yes, yes, this is ALL we do. You WANTED to come on this trip remember?" In the end they said they had a great time and spend quite a bit of time telling their father about the trip and the fishes and how much fun they had. It was a lot of fun, and that's saying a lot as I had a freaking migraine that was making me sick to my stomach.

The next day was a BBQ at Lerxt's and that was nice. The food rocked. The company was fabulous. I really do have the best friends in the whole freaking world!

Okay, that's all for now, I have much work to do around here.

No comments: