Thursday, September 08, 2005

Growing Pains

Yesterday was one of those days that tries a person as a parent. I got a call from school that Super Girl was sick and I needed to come get her. Now Super Girl is an incredibly healthy kid who rarely get's sick (I don't count the seasonal colds that are just part of life and childhood). The school nurse told me she had a fever and complained of stomach pain so I thought I was prepared for it, but when I saw my little girl laying on the cot in the nurses office looking so pale I nearly cried. She spent the day laying on the couch sleeping and I spent the day looking worried and checking her fever that wouldn't go down but didn't get any higher. I'm happy to say that by 9 pm her fever was gone and she was well enough to eat noodles for dinner and watch the Sponge Bob Movie.

No comments: