Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Miseducation Of Chaos And Destruction


School starts in less than a week. Im so happy. Lucky for my offspring its been an educational summer *HAH!*

The progeny think they can speak Korean. Why do they think this you may be asking yourself? No its not from taking them to the local Korean restaurant to often (is there even one in my area??), its from them playing on the computer. They have found a paper doll site that is Korean and they LOVE it. And they LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the song that plays on the site and oh how they LOVE to sing along with the song until I feel like my ears are about to bleed and I tell them that if they dont shut up at that very moment I will *duct tape them both to the stairs for the remainder of the day. Its a beautiful thing.

My offspring think they can also speak Spanish because they watch Dora The Explorer occasionally and play the Dora The Explorer games. This worries me much more than them singing along badly in Korean as we live in TEXAS which has a HUGE Spanish speaking population and I can just see them getting their asses kicked for pretending to speak Spanish. I would think they would realize they CANT speak Spanish since the beginning of the summer was punctuated with a family event of which their Spanish speaking Latino/Latina cousins were present. The look of WTF are you saying to me whitey? from all the Hispanic children (including the 2 year old) should have convinced them to drop that shit.

They've also learned exactly which buttons to push to get themselves grounded. This is something I think is important to know so as to NOT push those buttons and end up grounded. Yet my progeny dont seem to share that sentiment as they push those buttons on a regular basis. I believe this will be remembered for them as the Summer of Grounding. Whatever, it builds character, right?

And thats about it, the summer is almost over and I am anxiously counting down the days until school starts. Im not quite certain if Im more excited about my birthday this Friday or them starting school on Monday!

No comments: