Friday, February 29, 2008

Lost My Place

I was going to post 5 or 6 more photos of CAKE today but I've sort of lost my will to do that now. It's 20 until 11 pm and I really should be in bed considering I have to open the bakery tomorrow and get the deliveries as well. I'm not though, which is obvious because I couldn't be blogging if I was in bed... where I should be.

Where was I? Oh yes, cake. I'm not going to post any tonight because I'm just not in a good place with myself right now. Somewhere near self loathing and self critical with a dash of self doubt and a sprinkle of insecurity. i.e. depressed and a tad emotional. Don't worry, I'll be fine. And no, I don't want to talk about it. So if you are not Sarge, or D calling from England or K calling about the Tiny Terrorists, I probably won't answer and if I do, I won't talk about all this, so leave it be. My problems aren't important and it's me not you.

Things are slowing down at work, which is good, for the first time in months I'm actually ahead on my work as I type this. I do realize that tomorrow is a brand new day of which I open the bakery and all being caught up could and probably will be blown to hell by 11 am tomorrow.

Other areas of work are somewhat chaotic though. The departure of the store director was quickly followed (as in last night) of the termination of employment of the night manager who was caught taking a long snooze in one of the offices. Needless to say, people have been keeping to their selves and looking busy. (go ahead, click the link, you know you want to... you won't regret it!) I personally remain somewhat oblivious to all of it... or at least I pretend to be, it works out better for office politics if you play stupid and unbiased.

This next week I won't have to worry about looking busy as my boss will be on vacation and I'll be opening the bakery the 5 days I work. Her being gone makes me want to break some rules just for the hell of it, like wearing my braclettes (forbidden) or painting my nails red (nail polish - big no, no) or come to work in my black leather dominatrix outfit with the 6 inch spiked heels. But I won't, because just as soon as I did any of that it would be the day for the health inspector to stop by and I'm not sure I want to see how bad our score would be for black leather dominatrix outfit - I'm quite certain there isn't enough tread on those shoes to pass.

Okay, I should head to bed, it's after 11 pm now. But before I go, have some CAKE! I know, I said no CAKE, but I lied.

I don't even like this cake. It's ugly. Blah.

No comments: