Thursday, July 03, 2008

Outstanding Day

Today I had my evaluation at work. I'm an outstanding employee. My manager wants to start mentoring me to be the assistant manager of the bakery. She said she was recommending me for a 'substantial raise' as well. I won't lose my decorating duties (thankfully) and I should be getting some help with the non-decorated items that I do (YAY!). I'm very happy about all of this, management experience will be valuable for me when I have my own cake shop.

What else... I got a sweet card in the mail from a friend with a coupon for a free Starbucks Iced Coffee. Mmmmmm....

Also... my youngest is nearly finished with summer school and guess what? She actually LEARNED! I got all teary when I dug through her backpack to see her papers and saw a paper with actual sentences on it! She's about to turn 7 and though it pains me to see my cuddly baby growing up (Super Girl quit being a cuddly baby as soon as she could crawl at 5 months) I find it amazing to see how she's growing up.

Can't forget... The other night the girls and I were watching What Not To Wear (oh hush, I don't watch it regularly. I resorted to it because the Tiny Terrorists were rambunctious that night and they LOVE WNTW, so I knew it would make then sit the hell down and stop trying to kill each other), after it was over Cabbage Patch says "you need to cut my hair." I said "Yeah I know, I need to trim it, maybe I'll put in some layers." She said "No, I want it short." Then she motioned right below her ear. Which of course made my heart stop for just a second as I love long hair. I asked her if she was sure and she insisted several times that she was. So I cut it, just to chin length, not as short as she indicated. And... I love it, she looks like a little doll.

And... I'm going to head out soon to play some games (probably Magic). See... outstanding day.

So now... here is CAKE!!

This was in the display case, it's sold now. Lots of PINK!

No comments: