Monday, October 20, 2003

Pain

I've got a desperately bad sinus headache at the moment. So bad that I even let hubby drug me... No, no, I begged him to drug me. I'm just sitting here waiting for this stuff to kick in and make me sleepy. It's almost 8:30 pm and I'm contemplating turning in for the evening - that is how freaking bad my head hurts. I'm a little afraid that I'm going to screw up my sleep schedule and end up sitting here at 4 am trying to pass the time until a sane hour to start doing laundry and vacuuming the livingroom.

More Sock News

No, no I haven't magically found my missing socks (although I think I will try Sasoozie's suggestion of washing all the singletons together in hopes of their mates showing up.... G-d only knows why that would work, but for some reason it sounds reasonable to me... Maybe it's jealously that will lure the missing socks out... Or maybe socks enjoy being in the dryer... Kind of like a party... And the sounds of a party lures them out... ya know kind of like how the sounds of drunken slutty women attracts sleazy men.. Or vice versa). This morning it was a bit chilly in my livingroom so I slipped on some socks... A red one and a purple one. My feet were toasty yet uncoordinated.

A Sock Of A Different Kind


Recently my sister asked for her sock monkey that I had made for her. I made Monkey Sandwich (the sock monkey's name) back in May or June and Monkey Sandwich has resided here ever since. During this time, Monkey Sandwich has gone from sitting on my entertainment center shelf and now resides somewhere upstairs in the little people's room. (insert dramatic music here) All of the trappings that I had attached to Monkey Sandwich are long gone - the hair, the fringe skirt, the bright red ribbon... All lost and forgotten. The other day when D asked to take possession of Monkey Sandwich I had to tell her no. Tonight when hubby put the little people to bed he came down and told me how Cabbage Patch loves "That Sock Monkey" so much. So D, I'm sorry, I can't grant you custody of Monkey Sandwich - you're going to have to get a court order to get that damned sock monkey! (or just ask me to make you another one)

One Last Sock

Somehow I know that the whole missing sock thing is hubby's fault (I'm allowed to say everything is his fault - it's in the marriage contract) - and as retaliation I plan to raid his sock drawer and make a bunch of angry albino sock monkeys out of his socks. Then I'll sneak into his room late one night and scatter the angry albino sock monkeys around his room and wait for the screams the next morning. Oh yeah... I'm evil... evil to the bone... (ok, maybe just really bizarre and mischievous)

Hmmm... I think maybe this medicine is kicking in now... I should stop posting now... Go work on my manifesto or something... ;o)

No comments: