Friday, August 06, 2004

The 4 Hour Drive That Took 5 or Fuck How I Hate Traffic On 35!

So I head on to work on Sunday hoping that I can get off work early and me and the Little People can hit the road by 1:30 pm at the latest. Much to my amazement I am finished by work and back home by NOON! K & the Little People are not home. *Sigh* Okay, okay, don’t panic, I’m sure they’ll be home shortly. I just pack (throw everything in a bag) for myself and the kids hoping that I haven’t forgotten anything vital.

At 1 pm I call all people who will be expecting my arrival today (my aunt and XXX) and tell them I plan to leave by 1:30 pm or 2 pm. Get off the phone and look for more pins to stick in the K & B voodoo dolls. Pack car.

2 pm K & B arrive with the Little People. I quickly hide evil voodoo activities and start barking commands at the children so we can get the hell on the road. This trip should take about 4 hours to get the kids to their grandmother’s house.

Everything is going according to schedule until we get close to Georgetown. For some fucking reason there was an unbelievable amount of traffic on the road and for about 34 miles (shortly after I see the sign that says Georgetown 36 miles) traffic is flowing at a brisk 30 mph. Yeah, total pleasure.

We finally arrive 5 freaking hours after we left home. I decline having dinner as I know it’s about an hour and a half to get to XXX and I’m now running REALLY late. The Little People barely notice that I’m leaving; it’s just too much trouble to tear themselves away from the toys, swings and cats at GG and Grandma’s house to give me a hug and kiss. *Sigh* Kids.

I’m out of there by 7:30 pm and arrive at XXX’s door at 9 pm.


Big Ass Spider The Kids And I Saw At Truck Stop

No comments: