Monday, October 25, 2004

Movie Comments

My recent trip to the library found me in possesion of the DVD for 'Dangerous Liaisons'. I had never seen that movie. When it came out I was still in high school and was completly disinterested in watching anything like that. I only picked this up at the library because it was the only Grown Up movie that I had not seen and looked at least mildly entertaining. That and I do like Glenn Close.

So we watched the movie. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. Glenn Close and John Malkovich are such superb actors and the story is just fabulous. My only kvetch - Who the FUCK had the bright idea to cast Keanu Reeves in this movie? He was soooooo awful. Although his part was rather small and his actual screen time was quite short - he was totally and completly distracting for every second he was on screen. Every time he opened his mouth the belivability of the movie plumeted, the quality suffered and I could almost see his co-stars cringe at his ever utterance. I admit, he is very pretty to look at, but he's a HORRIBLE actor. My personal plea to Keanu - Please, please stop ruining movies with your 'acting' (unless it's another barely watchable sequel to Bill & Ted's Excelent Adventure - in which you were fucking perfect!). People still want to see you, just not watch you act - take up underwear modeling. And while your at it, pass along this message to Ben Affleck, he's another one I'd rather just look at than have to watch 'act'. Much Warmth, Judy.

No comments: