Monday, October 25, 2004

Rainy Day

Dear lord it is raining here. It's BEEN raining most of the day. Most of the FREAKING day. Not a steady pattering rain, but a soft almost mist rain that I didn't even know was going on until Cabbage Patch stared at the window and proclaimed "It raining" to which my all knowing mommyness decreed that it was in fact NOT raining, a fact that I had deducted from the fact that I did not hear rain, hear thunder or see the flashing of lightening, therefore it could not be raining but was infact just cloudy. Cabbage Patch, being the astute and observant toddler that she is, ignored my proclaimation and again stated the obvious to me, this time pointing at the window as if to emphasize without saying "Look you oblivious woman, it IS raining, open your damn eyes and look!" I walked to the window that she was pointing at and peeked out the blinds, upon seeing the wet pavement I was compelled to open the front door and peer out and say "Well what do you know, it is raining." That was early this morning - well earlier today, it was sometime after 9:30 am but before lunch.

3:30 pm today (time to walk to get Super Girl from the bus) it was still raining/misting. *sigh* Rainy cloudy days like that make it difficult for me to find any motivation to do anything other than lay on the couch with the television on drifting in and out of sleep getting up from the couch only to pee and to get more coffee and a sandwich. Not that ever happens, but that's all I WANT to do. Cabbage Patch is never motivated to do that. She's motivated to dump all her toys on the floor then refuse to pick them up. She's motivated to go to her room and come down 10 minutes later in a mismatched outfit complete with feathered hat and colorful lei then preform an interesting tribal song and dance routine while trying to keep a pair of my high heels on her tiny feet. She's motivated to grab Sunshine and try to wrap her up like a baby then chase her when she runs under the table, grabbing her leg and not letting go until either the cat wiggles free or I threaten to spank her. She's motivate to tell me she's hungry (thirsty) go to the fridge with me in tow, stand with the door open and change her mind 6 different times as to what she wants to drink, finally setteling on the first option offered and then changing her mind right after said liquid is securely in the no-spill sippy cup and throwing not quite so non-spilling non-spill sippy cup on the floor and screaming at me until I pick up cup, put back in fridge and leave her to whine in private. She's motivated to argue with me about what pair of panties she will wear today then put them on backwards and refusing to turn them around resulting in a daylong wedgie that for some reason does not bother her, but bothers me every damn time I see it (which unfortunately for me is far to frequent since she changed from shorts to a short cute skirt).

I still cling to the fantasy of laying on the sofa and watching television between near coma like napping, exiting bed only to take care of necessary things. Truly this is on my list of fantasies. Right under a week of being naked with XXX and a box of cool sex toys all with everlasting, never dieing batteries, a gallon jug of Astroglide and several bottles of cheap, tasty wine. (I know, no one really wanted to know that, but hey I'm sharing).

If there is an all powerful being somewhere, I am imploring him to either stop the rain or make The Tiny Terrorists very very sleepy, mommy wants to veg. *sigh* Gotta go make them put on shoes and go to the grocery store - hey all powerful, while your at it could you send over a pizza too so I don't have to go out? Hmmm? Maybe?

No comments: