Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Lunching With Royalty

Yesterday by royal proclaimation (and the promise of some margaritas) I joined Queen Mystic and Princess Heart of the SPCF.

I joined the Queen and Princess at Cantina Laredo. When I arrived they had already consumed some Margaritas and queso and were having quite the time (Damn that North Dallas Tollway for taking so long!), I'd have to work hard to catch up to them! We dined on delightful Mexican cuisine (the Pollo Chipotle was FABULOUS) and drank margaritas. Then it was time to head to the tattoo parlor.

Luckily for us, Cat Tatto is RIGHT next door to Cantina Laredo so no one had to forsake the Margaritas to mantain enough sobriety to drive.

Me and Heart

Heart paged through some tattoo books while we waited.

Royalty

We all went back when it was TIME. Mystic got hers done first so as to give Heart ample time to be nervous about getting hers.

Sadist

I meant ARTIST. He was very nice and laughed at my jokes, which I'm not sure Mystic appreciated since I was making the gynological jokes while he was coloring her tat in! Oops! My bad!

Assume The Position!

NOT the position you were thinking of perv!

The First Poke

Much to my surprise she didn't even flinch when he started. Even more surprising there was absolutly no screaming or crying while she got her tat. There was however the occasional dirty look cast in mine or Heart's general direction.

Pretty Fairy

The end result is breathtaking and this photo does it no justice. Next time you see Mystic pull up the back of her shirt and see what's going on there, you won't be sorry.

Next up was Heart.

Scot worked amazingly fast and Mystics tattoo was done in one hour almost exactly to the minute. I couldn't tell if Heart was encouraged or more anxious by watching Mystic get hers, but now it was too late to back out.

Heart PreInked

I was a little surprised that it was as big as it was, but damn it looks cool.

And He Starts

Heart did flinch a bit when it started but that was nothing compaired to the crying and screaming to be heard coming from the shop. Oh wait.. that wasn't her it was me. Sorry...

But It's A Good Kind Of Pain

Apparently the outline hurts the most... And Heart didn't take nearly enough Vicoden before hand.

Fabulous!

After a mere 30 minutes of agony, Heart's beautiful body art was complete. And she was thankful - no more outline!

Stick Art Tat

*And because I was swept up in the moment, I decided to get one also. I went with something simple that would represent my offspring and my own personality. Stick Art! What better kind of body art than Stick Body Art! Woohoo! I think it looks rather dashing.

Farewell! Farewell! Farewell!

And finally, it was time to bid farewell to the precious Queen and adorable Princess and for me to make my way home.

*That part was complete bullshit. I in no way permanently inscribed a stick man on my body. Feel free to check for yourself... but only if you are a hot mansicle. ;o)

No comments: