Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Toilet of DOOM Part Deux

I returned to my home about 8 pm on Sunday. I went to the bathroom and when I flushed I watched as the water filled the bowl then slowly, every so slowly receeded and made an odd gurgle noise. Fuck. I knew that the damn TOILET OF DOOM was yet again issueing me a challenge. Being completly exhausted I just walked away and made a mental note to deal with it before bed.

I lay on the couch watching movies* and wating for K and the Little People to return from Shakespear In The Park. They got home a little after midnight and K and I spent the next two hours talking about our respective weekends. The toilet challenge was completly forgotten by me (which sucked because my initiall plan was to plead with K to go plunge the toilet for me).

Monday morning I awoke with an urgency deep within, I had to pee. In my sleepy and sore state I completly forgot the challenge that had been issued by evil and satanic plumbing. I peed in the TOILET OF DOOM and flushed. As I watched the water fill the bowl and start to recede very slowly I sudenly remebered the night before. DAMN IT! It was time for a show down.

I kicked the clothing on the floor out of the way and grabbed my SUPER PLUNGER. As the water had completly receded I lifted the seat and flushed hopeing that this flush wasn't THE ONE to cause a cascade of water from the bowl. Luckily it just filled the bowl. I leaned forward with trusty plunger in hand, muttering ancient voodoo curses under my breath and plunged with gusto. Well actually it was more like a half assed plunge as my arms were still pretty sore from the toobing trip. I flushed. Damn it! I think the toilet is laughing at me now as I watch the water fill the bowl to the top. I plunge again and again and again, flushing cautiously every so often to gage the state of the blockage. At the point that I'm about to tell the Little People that they will have to hike to the gas station every time they need to go, the damn toilet makes a gurgle and clears. I flush a few more times just to be sure and it remains clear.

I'll be setting up a voodoo shrine in the bathroom now as I'm quite certain that all this plumbing activity is the work of evil spirits and voodoo magic. Damn them! Thank goodness for the blessed and wonderful Super Plunger.




*actually it was more like 'I lay on the couch to watch movies but fell asleep drooling on the pillows..."

No comments: