Monday, June 27, 2005

Toobing Trip Recap

Unfortunately I didn't get a whole lot of photos as we spent practically all of Saturday on the river. Friday's photos are minimal as we were driving most of the day and as soon as we got camp set up I commenced with my duty of helping to make room in Sable and Lerxst's ice chest by consumeing Jell-O shots. Hey, don't give me that 'you-are-just-a-lush' look, they needed to make room in the ice chest for food, I was just helping out.

WTF??

I have no idea what this could possibly be. We saw it outside the quality establishment we chose to eat lunch at Friday. I wonder if the bug had the buffet.

After setting up camp on Friday everyone got into swimsuits and headed to the lake. No toobing that day just standing around in near freezing water splashing each other. Then we all headed back to camp and started making dinner.

Luna

I love this photo of her.

Smokin' The Sausage

Captain John threw some seriously good brats on the grill. As you see even Slash enjoyed having Captain John's sausage in his mouth.

Toobing Group

Look! Drunk people!

more drunks

The ED crew - well some of them.

Visitor

This critter was in the bathroom. Shaz kept telling me about an enormous spider hanging out in the bathroom, and in my inebriated state, I went to look for said spider and all I found was a huge roach. Maybe he ate the spider.

Many of us ended that night quite drunk.

Saturday!!

After breakfast we all headed down to the river to float. I ended up with the gimpy, retard tube, which was somehow appropriate as I really was a retard on the river. I had a multitude of issues. First - my swimsuit was too big. I had suspected it when I recieved it and my attempts to fix the problem before the trip were useless as the store I procured the suit from no longer had any suits in my size. Scratch that... they did have ONE suit. It was of a pattern that was so incredibly ugly it could be clasified as being as hidious as cat butt cheeks. At the urgeing of the sales person I actually put the butt cheek patterned swim suit on and was instantly overcome with the urge to vomit. I had to take it off and leave the store screaming. But I digress. The suit wasn't an issue really at that very moment, it was later that it presented issues. My next and most pressing issue was that I am SHORT and I had a tube without a bottom so I had a hell of a time holding my self up in the tube. It got exhausting and I'd slip down in the tube so that all anyone could see was my hat, my arms from the elbow down and my feet sticking up. I looked like a bug stuck on the water.

...to be continued... off to do more domestic things...

No comments: