Thursday, May 04, 2006

Oedipus Complex

Today D came over. I showed her Super Girl’s class photo and D made a comment about how this one little boy looked standing next to Super Girl looked like he was mackin’ on her. This lead to a conversation of how Super Girl thought he was so weird because he thought he was her mother. D and I exchanged glances then snarky comments before Super Girl corrected herself and said “No! He thinks I’m his mother.” D and I exchanged knowing glances and smirks and I asked “Does he call you ‘mommy’ as in ‘Hey mommy, what you doing?’” My Cuban and Mexican sister had tears running from her eyes as we laughed at the realization that the Hispanic boy was in fact mackin’ on Super Girl. K on the other hand was doing the “La, la, la, la, la! I can’t hear you!” in utter denial.

No comments: