Wednesday, September 12, 2007

L'shanah Tovah!!

Happy Rosh Hashanah to all my wonderful friends!!
I suck so much, the holidays just slip up on me. Tonight starts Rosh Hashanah – the Jewish New Year, so there will be much merriment and happiness. We celebrate this wonderful holiday from sundown tonight until nightfall on the 14th.
If I don’t get to see each and every one of you during this time (which I won’t), I just want you all to know that the friendship and love that you have given to me is what makes this day sweet and wonderful, knowing that you’ll all be there this next year to make it the best year yet!

AND now, my FAVORITE Rosh Hashanah joke!
A Catholic chauffeur was bragging to his friend how well the Jewish family who employed him treated him. "You wouldn't believe it," he said. "I get tips galore, and they always buy me lunch or dinner when I drive. My salary is great, with benefits! I get off all holidays, including the Jewish ones, like Rosh Hashanah."
"That sounds pretty good," said the friend. "But what's Rosh Hashanah?"
"Oh, that's when they blow the shofar**."
"Wow!" said the amazed friend. "Those are SOME benefits!"
(** The Shofar, a ram's horn, is the oldest wind instrument. The sounding of the Shofar is the most ancient rite in the Rosh HaShana observances.)

Now I must head to the store to get honey and some things

No comments: