Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Keeping The Memory Alive...

WARNING... Some of the following statements may be offensive to some people... if you offend eaisly... don't read this... if you read this and are offended.... don't listen to the voices in your head and leave nasty messages on my comments. These are MY opinions and I won't appologize for any of them.

So I'm watching this true crime program tonight (I love true crime stories) and at the end of the program the victims brother said the statement that most victim relatives say, that they are "working to keep the memory of ________ alive." Allright.... um... yeah. My mother died 6 years ago, I really don't have to 'work' to keep her memory alive, as long as I am alive and have all my mental facilities, I'll remember her. I'm not going to do anything special other than have pictures of her around (which I already do) and talk about her with my sister from time to time. And most of all I'm not going to push my children to 'feel' something special for a woman who died before they were ever born. I guess some people are afraid that their loved ones will be forgoten once they have passed away. And yes that will happen for some people, but that happens for all people... people who make an impact on your life or you care about, you will remember, thoes who didn't will be forgoten... it's just life. Anyway... just me being irritated by that...

No comments: