Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Ahhhh… The Irony Is Never Lost On Me…

Last night I had a long discussion with my boss about work, etc. She called to get me to work a hospital, ask me some questions about a different hospital and we discussed these new patient information release forms (she got all testy with me at one point and said my name all irritated like… and sounded like my grandmother, which pissed me off and made me want to hang up on her ass!). At the end of the conversation I told her I could work a particular hospital for a while if she needed someone until she could get someone else. (Incidentally the person I trained last for this hospital just up and disappeared – she worked for a couple of weeks, then didn’t show up again. So now they need someone again.) She tried to pin me down to working there long term and I told her that I could only work until my husband got a job, that I would not be putting my kids in full time day care as that would be just insane to spend that much money. She agreed. Today I go work; it’s a good day, average number of babies, average sales. I call home to chat with hubby while waiting on an appointment and he tells me that he got a contract that starts this coming Monday and lasts until July and could go longer. Hehehehehe… Just when I commit to working, he gets a job. Hell if I had known that’s how it was going to go down, I sure as hell would have done this weeks ago! So… now I have to call my boss and tell her that I can’t work on Monday’s and Tuesdays. She’s going to be so damn pleased to hear that… really she is… she may even say my name like my grandmother again. I can’t wait.

No comments: