Tuesday, May 13, 2003

What Was I Thinking??????

To celebrate hubby getting a job again, he suggests we all go to a local Mexican restaurant - I said yes since technically tomorrow is his birthday AND he is starting a new job. I don't know about him, but I had this vision of us eating a peaceful dinner as a family, two cute kids being adorable and people having a hard time not looking at the adorable children. Yeah... then the roofies wore off and reality smacked me right in the face. Sheesh. Nothing like that happened... It was more like DINNER WITH EEEEEEVIL! The kids were abso-fucking-lutley possessed. I think I could have brought two chimpanzees to the restaurant with us and they would have acted better. Beelzebub... I mean Super Girl was in full whine mode within 5 minutes of being at the restaurant, her little sister Lucifer... Cabbage Patch decided that tonight was the night to screech at the top of her lungs and jump on the seat. Super Girl would not eat ANYTHING that was ordered for her - and she even picked out her own food. Cabbage Patch would eat some, then stand up, screech loudly and jump on the seat - didn't help that her sister was encouraging her to do these things. Dinner was a delicious place of tamales eaten between harsh glares at children and muttered threats spoken through clenched teeth. Damn those children were acting evil - I kept waiting for their heads to spin around and for them to spit pea soup. Sheesh... Mommy needs a stiff drink now.

No comments: