Sunday, May 04, 2003

Busy, Busy, Busy

Damn... I've been so damn busy. I finished my sister's ren faire dress. It turned out damn nice. I do have to make a few alterations to it, but she is thrilled with it (and has worn it twice so far!) pictures to be posted later. I finished it up at 6 am on Saturday morning! We had a few issues to work out, for one we had inadvertantly gotten not quite enough fabric by about 2 yards - the actual sewing of the dress didn't take that long. A few creative things were done to make it all perfect. She looked absolutly lovely in her dress. I did some beading on the front of the dress that is very nice.

She needs another court dress for next weekend, so I may be working my ass off the later part of this week to get another one for her, this time we have to be particularly creative since neither of us has the bling bling to get more fabric (she spent a sizable chunk of $$$ to get the fabric and all for this dress - all in all it was still quite a bargain). I would work the ENTIRE week on (not that I need that much time) but I have my final (God willing) court hearing on Wednesday so I need to make sure the house is read for unexpected visitors - who incidentally did NOT show up on Friday as scheduled (eyes rolling up in head).

Well I need to wrap up for the moment. I'm currently taking my defensive driving class on line and I'm at one of the mandated 12 minute breaks. *sigh* I'm about half way through (at least I think so). I could kick myself for waiting untill the last freaking minute (had to have it done TODAY). Back later.

No comments: