Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Catching Up

Whew... I've been so busy lately and I've been having sinus headaches - I think I have a god-awful sinus infection starting up now - Spring in Texas is so hard on my sinuses. Right now we are under a sever weather watch, but no rain yet. I'm praying for rain. With rain comes relief for me.

Anyway enough whineing... Here's what's been going on.

Fish Seeing Spots

Shortly after the accidental death of Spike and her boyfriend I had purchased replacement fish. A few days pass and I notice that the fish are starting to have small white spots on their fins and all. DAMN IT! My fish had Ick, a nasty parasite that infects the whole tank and if not treated will kill the fish. Fortunately it's easy to treat. I sent hubby to the store to get fish medicine. But I was irritated by the fish having this - My new fish came from PetSmart so I would have thought they would be healthy. My mistake. I really should have quaranteined them before adding them (I've since learned this by some reading). Anyway, 3 days of medicine that turned the water a cool shade of blue and the fish are healthy, but we did suffer 2 casualties (one was the fish I belive was the carrier of the dastardly parasite). I think I may have to label my aquarium as the TANK OF DOOM if I keep killing off goldfish. I also learned in my reading that live plants in an aquarium are treated as salad by goldfish. Ohhhhhh well that explains why the plants were getting all tore up! So no more plants, no unquarantined fish in my tank.... Shouldn't take but a few more fish before I have this aquarium stuff down. ;o)

Making Of The Dress

D came over Friday afternoon to be here for fittings and help with the construction of the dress. I had planned to start on the dress earlier that day, but I was waiting on an inspection - which NEVER happened! Once again they failed to show or even call - sheesh. (thankfully all that bull shit should be over after tomorrow) So we didn't even get started on the rest of the dress until after 6 pm. Part way through cutting out the rest of the pieces, I realized we were short a couple of yards of fabric and would have to get creative to get the rest of the pieces cut out. We did some discussing and all for a bit and came up with a plan of action that worked. Cutting out the pattern was the hardest part - it made my back ache to sit on the floor working on it. Anyway - we finished up EVERYTHING on the dress - even the grommets on the bodice - at 6 am! So needless to say I didn't work on Saturday. D talked me into going to the renaissance faire with her. We headed to her house, I called my boss and we slept from 7 am until 11 am, then went to the faire. D looked just lovely in the dress, we had a great time.

Well enough for now... think my medicine is starting to work...still have a headache but now I'm making a lot more typos.... woohoo! fun stuff.

No comments: