Friday, September 26, 2003

Low Battery

Soooo.... How are you? Me, I'm fine. Yeah... Have I mentioned that my brother-in-law sucks? No? Well he does. Let me elaborate.

Yesterday when hubby started up the car to come home he noticed the battery light on. He called his brother who used to be a mechanic to get some advice yesterday evening after dinner and a quick trip to the grocery store. Bro-in-law said he would need to replace the battery, so go to Auto Zone they only cost about $30. Since it was after 8 pm hubby planned to do it today. OK, in retrospect he probably SHOULD have done it yesterday but he didn't get paid until TODAY, hence him planning to do it today. This morning the car wouldn't start so hubby calls his brother who lives less than 5 miles from us to get a jump. His brother says "Dude, I'm not sure when I can make it over, G (his son) is still sleeping and V (his wife) is getting ready to leave for work." Hubby says fine and gets off - pissed now. He calls his father who lives about 20 minutes from us and asks him to come over and give him a jump - not a problem. I know I could have called my sister who lives 45 minutes (in light traffic and an hour or more in rush hour) from me and she would have come right over (but I hesitate to do that since her SUV would use $40 in gas to get here). What a selfish ASS my bro-in-law is.

ps Hubby was especially pissed that the battery was dead because it SAYS it's a 6 year battery and out car is only about 2 years old.

No comments: