Wednesday, September 24, 2003

MOVIE REVIEW
Jason VS Freddy





I finally got to see this movie. As a fan of the old horror and slasher movies I was really looking forward to this movie. I went with a couple of friends as hubby HATES horror movies and refused to go with me. The movie was very reminiscent of the old Nightmare On Elm Street movies more than the Friday 13th movies, which was what I was hoping as I like Freddy more than Jason. The movie had all of the ‘horror/slasher’ movie elements – group of teens sitting around drinking on a rainy night, slutty girl fucking her jackass boyfriend (first victims), door/window left open, prude girl (survivor), bumbling police force either trying to cover something up or convinced the teens are somehow at fault, over bearing father who has a ‘secret’ and psycho sicko maniac serial killer (actually 2 this time!). No big surprises in the movie – come on how many movies have there been before this? It’s not like there are ANY secrets either Jason or Freddy have at all. One of the best things in the movie was the clips from past movies that they incorporated in, my favorites being the little girls singing Freddy’s rhyme and a quick flash from one of Freddy’s first kills. I also enjoyed when Freddy was messing with Jason’s mind – that was great. My only complaint – not enough fighting between Freddy and Jason. Not going to tell the ending – not that it’s a huge surprise but it would render seeing the movie pointless if you knew the ending. I laughed, I cried, I even jumped in my seat once – I liked it. For a slasher movie it was good, not great but good.

My favorite scene – when Jason kills the jackass boyfriend’s best friend and his dad. I almost laughed out loud

No comments: