Thursday, January 29, 2004

It's Only 1 PM and I'm Ready For The Day To Be OVER!

The toilet again, the husband home (screwing up my schedule), the not to happy e-mail from the guy, the project with holes... What more could I add to this perfect day you ask... A trip with the little people to Chick-Fila!

We go to my favorite fast food place, it's packed with moms and kids. The little people rush through their lunch by eating the 4 nuggets and refusing the waffle potatoes and head to the play area. Super Girl goes up to the large platform and then won't come down. A nice little boy comes out and tells us that she is scared. Her daddy goes and talkes to her but she wants me. I go in and stand on a bench (so I can see her) and talk for 10 minutes trying to talk her down. Mind you the actual 'fear' tears ended long ago, now she's just not coming down, ya see she's now realized that her being 'afraid' to go down or go up has garnered her some valuable attention from the other well meaning children. I finally leave to finish my luke warm nuggets. Hubby and I watch through the glass as the kids play - it's much like being at the zoo watching the monkeys. After a while of watching Super Girl hold court and Cabbage Patch climb UP the slide then scamper down the stairs we conclude that it's time to end the fun. Hubby goes in and tells the little people to come on down and get their ice cream. Cabbage Patch is down struggling with her socks before he gets all of icecream out. Super Girl on the other hand won't come down. I watch the monkey house for a while then relieve hubby to talk Super Girl down. She claims that she's far to afraid to come down or go up (and then down the slide). I of course see that this is just a load of bull she's shoveling as she seems to be having no problem playing with the other kids up there and that of course cause me to have to continue to call her name. We negotiate through the mesh about how she needs to come down, she will get her ice cream if she comes down, no ice cream if she doesn't, maybe we shouldn't have her birthday party now since she's to afraid to come down... Even idle threats to leave her there to live out the remainder of her days in the top loft of the Chick-Fil-a play area (I'm so freaking sure all the other moms in there were loving that one, thinking that I was such a suck ass mom right then). Super Girl kept telling me to come get her and I flat out told her that I could NOT do that. Hell I doubt I could have gotten my big ass up there and I am wearing a DRESS so I really really didn't think the other patrons of Chick-Fil-A would have appreciated something like THAT while they try to digest their chicken nuggets. It is a family restaurant after all! I give up and tell hubby it's his turn, get her out. He manages to wiggle up the awkwardly built for adults stairs and pulls her out. It was quite a site, I was glad he didn't get stuck!

*sigh* I'm ready for this day to be OVER.

I'm praying that my mail order tranqulizer gun will make it here before the little people wake from naps.

No comments: