Friday, July 30, 2004

Dog's Life

I just read a post on someone else's blog about her torturing her dog by wrapping spegetti around it's snout just to see it snarl to get it off. heh. I wish I had thought of that when I had a dog, but honest I usually thought "Damn it dog, get the fuck off my sofa!" or "Shut the hell up dog, it's just a freaking car!" or "Oh jeezzz get away from me, you stink!" So is anyone surprised that I no longer have a dog? I didn't think so. Is anyone surprised that I still have twinges of guilt for getting rid of her and that I have a framed photo of her? Probably.

I really didn't hate the dog, I just didn't like owning her. See I've had cats since my birth. My grandmother and aunts tell of one of my grandmother's cats putting her kittens in my baby bed when I was an infant. I probably said CAT before I ever said MAMA. I'm a cat person, yet not a crazy cat lady. I have two cats and I DON'T want another one. Two is my maximum for my personal living space. But I digress.

About the dog. I begged to have the damn dog. K gave in and picked up the dog that I had heard about someone trying to find a home for. She was totally devoted to me imediately. All of the cats I've ever owned have been devoted to me, in a very neurotic and catly way. This dog was different. She was a dog and devoted in a very DOG way. Ugh, how undignified. It was cute and flattering at first but annoying before long. She would sit right next to me, follow me everywhere and stare at me with big insecure codependant obsessive devoted dog eyes. Very unnerving. My cat didn't like the dog being so persistent in her begging for attention. Sunshine, who happens to be the nicest cat in the entire world, would rub up against the dog to get her trust then smack the crap out of her. Because I'm basically evil, I found this mildly amuseing. The dog was a huge wuss and lived in fear of anything.

Oh damn, I need to go for now... I'll finish this later...

No comments: