Sunday, September 19, 2004

Starbucks



I've DONE Starbucks now. I am Starbucks bitch now. Just kidding. I got a Starbucks gift card for my birthday and I've been dyeing to use it. Saturday after The Little People and I went to the movies (movie review to come tomorrow), I decided to take us to Starbucks. Cocoa for the Little People and some sort of lowfat Latte thing for me. I was a little uncertain about what to order. I had no clue what most of the things on the menu really were as there weren't any descriptions. I felt painfully uneducated (in coffee house etiquette) by having to ask what to order. Inadequacy and ordering coffee are a bad combo. I went with what the clerk suggested. The Little People and I shared a piece of iced chocolate pound cake (Satan's Decadent chocolate Addiction). It was good, I wasn't overly impressed with the sugar free hazelnut stuff added to my drink, but I still enjoyed it all. Enjoyed it enough to go back today.

K returned from his trip this evening, after a delightful dinner I insisted we stop by the conveniently located Starbucks for after-dinner coffee and more of Satan's Decadent Chocolate Addiction. Feeling brave and slightly more coffee hip I decided to go for the Caramel Macchiato (Foamed milk marked with espresso, vanilla and real caramel) with extra caramel. I went for a tall as opposed to a 'grande' today. It was quite good. I don't think it was the GREATEST COFFEE ON THE EARTH, but it was good. It's a little high in price for a cup of coffee so I doubt I'll be making Starbucks a frequent stop. Well, not after I use up the rest of my gift card that is. I have about $12 left - that will buy several pieces of Satan's Decadent Chocolate Addiction... mmmmmm... Come for the coffee, get hooked on the pastries.

No comments: