Friday, November 12, 2004

Winter Has Crept In

Truly it has. I was in total denial until just this morning. It's 50 today (I know, that's not all that cold for some places, but her it's considered cold). I turned on my heater last night. I've been enjoying the cooler temperatures, just not the windy mornings. It's been cold for several days, I suppose it's time to admit to winter being here and drag out the rarely used sweaters and jackets. Blah. I prefer less clothing. I wear shorts most of the time (even now, I'm in shorts, I'll change to pants when the time comes for me to fetch Super Girl from the bus stop). It's odd for it to be 50 right now, I think I recall at least one day last week that it was a steamy 90 (it rained that day so it was nasty humid).

My cat is read for winter I suppose, she has started her annual Search For Heat. She spends much of her waking hours searching for a WARM spot, stalking any person, just waiting for them to sit so she can suck the heat out of them. She is the most cold natured cat I've ever had. Her tiny paws are always cold. When a nice warm human is unavailable (or won't sit still in the case of Cabbage Patch) I sometimes find her under an afgan or in someone's bed under the covers. Occasionally I'll pity her and turn on the heating pad for her to sit on. Poor cat, I need to knit her a sweater.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the weather even if it does force me to wear more clothing than usual.

No comments: