Friday, January 21, 2005

Bits And Pieces

So Super Girl with a broad smile proudly stated that she was going to tell her class about having the snail removed from her ear. Ahhhh, I'm overwhelmed with motherly pride. Then I remembered the two sentences writen on the post removal procedures "Administer childrens Tylenol for pain as needed. DO NOT put any snails in ear." heh.

On to other things...

Christian Conservative groups are now deeply concerned with SpongeBob's gayness. What get's me about this is that what they have a problem with is that 'sexual identity' be included in the 'tolerance pledge'. Hmmm... so basically this group is saying it's morally right to hate gays? M'kay.... How rediculous is it to target cartoon characters and children's show characters in an anti-gay campaign? Come on! Nathan Lane is still alive! What could be gayer than him?? ;o)

Under the influence...

I'm STILL sick. I LOOK sick, like the commercials for the cold/flu medicine. I sound sick - every one who calls says "You sound terrible!", because I'm sick all I manage is a sigh and to say "Yeah I am." Actually I'm feeling better than I have but still sick.

My sister brought me her husband's stash of TheraFlu to help me through this, I how have 4 different formulas of cold/flu remedy to help me through this and have not found the perfect combination of cold/flu remedy to make me appear to be well enough to go to work tomorrow. Tonight will be another Medicine Quest as I search the grocery store for the pills I took last time I had a nasty bug like this, they worked well to make me appear WELL and perky (read: hyper). People cringe at the thought of sick people holding their newborn babies, so I MUST get well.

Weighty issue

Not everything about being sick has been bad. Because I've had either an upset stomach or just no appetite I've managed to take off the last of the 3.5 lbs that Santa deposited on my big ass, either that or blowing one's nose burns more calories than I imagined. eh, whatever, at least they are off.

Tiny Terrorist

I'm happy to report that as of this morning the Little People seem to be nearly recovered from their nasty colds. YAY! They have been most horrible, nasty little beasts this whole time. But the best part of all this is that they seem to no longer be snot factories! Woohoo! I haven't had to say "Go blow/wipe your nose!" all day! Woohoo! The House of Bio-Hazards my finally be coming to an end! Just have to get me well.

Well enough for now, gotta go try to convince a toddler that takeing an early and LONG nap today would be wonderful.

No comments: