Friday, January 21, 2005

Future In A Life Of Crime

I think the Tiny Terrorists are practicing to become cat burgalars. No I'm not making a reference to any type of torture involving my cats, I'm talking about my jewlery.

Today when I woke Destruction up to get Chaos from the bus I pulled the blanket off her as she's very 'moody' when awoken. As I pulled her out of the bed by her toes (she likes it, really she does) I noticed some small things in the bed. I took a closer look and recognized the remains of one of my pearl necklaces. Instantly my face turned red, steam came shooting out of my ears as the top of my head shot right off. Destruction cut her prima donna routine, hopped off the bed and headed for the door shouting "Chaos do'd it!"

I crouched down and picked up all the pearls, gold and garnet beads while Destruction peered around the corner and occasionally pointed me to small cash of beads. After the recovery effort (which I'm not certain recovered all of the necklace) I went to my jewlery box to see what ELSE is missing. Also pilfered were my long strand of pearls, a short double strand of pearls, the matching braclet for the broken necklace and a pearl, onyx and gold bracelet. I am not pleased.

On the walk back from the bus stop I cassually mentioned to Chaos that I wasn't happy that they had been in my jewlery. I wish I had gotten a photograph of her face as I said it, that stunned look was priceless. Her answer was that Destruction had gotten the jewlery. I explained that I KNEW she had something to do with it as Destruction could not reach the top of my dresser to get my jewlery. She explained that Destruction had gotten the jewlery and she saw her with it and I cut in asking why she didn't get me since she KNOWS no one is supposed to be playing with my jewlery and that they were both in trouble now.

When K got home and assessed the situation he made a quick search of thier room and recovered the short double strand of pearls. Chaos got it in her head that we were going to go to a party tonight and dashed upstairs to find the long strand of pearls, so now just two bracelets are missing. Sneaky little brats.


No comments: