Thursday, January 20, 2005

A Snails Tale

A call from the school nurse today regarding Super Girl having a snail in her ear. *sigh* D drove us to the emergency room of a nice shiny new hospital in Plano for snail removal. Because it is a nice shiny new hospital there was no wait and we were in a nice private triage room to await the very good looking and very nice Italian doctor who was quite amused by the snail in the ear prediciment. The very nice handsome Italian doctor deftly removed the crustasian from my childs ear and was kind enough to hold it up for a photo op (D will have to send me the photo to ad here). K had requested the snail so I asked to keep it. Apparently this was the first snail in the ear removal that had been done by the nice handsome Italian doctor and infact first time for the hospital also. I'm hopeing this is our LAST snail in the ear incident.

Best part of the visit:
Me: WHY did you put the snail in your ear?
Her: Because I wanted to keep it.
Me: But why in your ear?
Her: I wanted to hear it slugging around.
Me: *big sigh, eyes rolling*

Worst part of the visit:
All of my anti cold/flu medicine had worn off and I was getting increasingly congested and coughing more and more and my ears were starting to feel as though I too had snails slugging around in them. Ugh...

No comments: