Thursday, June 09, 2005

Do Over!

I call a do over on this day. Not that it's been a BAD day, it just hasn't been a GOOD day. Let me tell you about it.

This morning for some gawdforsaken reason the Little People felt the need to be up just a bit after 7 am. Now mind you, most mornings for the past 2 weeks they have gotten up somewhere between 7:45 am and 8 am. Not today, the day I was hopeing and praying, COUNTING on them sleeping in. Hell it's summer vacation! Why can't they get the concept of SLEEPING IN??? So no, not today, not since I challenged karma directly by staying up until nearly 2 am. They were up and they were ENERGETIC. I got up and did the mom stuff, checked e-mail, read news and looked at the photos from last night. Too damn funny. I opened software to fix red-eye. No, no, I TRIED to open the software to edit my photos and it didn't open. DAMNIT! I tried all the photo editing software I have on here and for some fucked up reason nothing was working or nothing removed red-eye eaisly enough for me. *sigh* I search for an updated version of some of my software then downloaded. And lucky for me it took for freaking EVER to get it downloaded, but on the flip side it was surprisingly easy to use and took like 5 minutes to edit all my photos. Then the Tiny Terrorist refused to go to the park today, opting instead to play noisly and be bratty indoors where it's cool. I had the JOY AND RAPTURE of getting to plunge the fucking EVIL toilet AGAIN. (note to self... prepare voodoo ritual and candles) Later in the afternoon, I went upstairs to check on them playing in their room and nearly had a fucking heart attack as I walked in to Super Girl with the window WIDE OPEN sitting on the window sill with the screen popped out. Good lord! Don't they know the air conditioning is on... oh and they could fall out and DIE! DAAAAMNNNN!!! Down the stairs we go and both offspring stood in corners while I had a shot to calm my nerves (yeah right, like I'm lucky enough to have anything hard around here). Now I've spent most of this day refereeing fights and weggie giving matches (no that's not a joke) and herding crayoned papers back into the proper place (the trash). I've repeated everything I've said at least 5 times and I'm seriously considering serving cold cereal for dinner just so I don't have to fuck with making dinner.

I want a do over! Or a nice stiff drink.

No comments: