Monday, June 06, 2005

Nature Day

This morning after breakfast I took the Little People on a walk around the lake. Sounds simple right? Well it wasn't. It all SEEMED like it would go smoothly and for the first time since Super Girl has been off for Summer Vacation my plans would come to fruition without a hitch. But that was a short lived hope of mine. I informed the Little People of the PLANS while they ate their eggs. After breakfast I told them to get dressed, Super Girl did as requested and got dressed, Cabbage Patch on the other hand stripped naked, lay down on the sofa, pulled an afghan on her and continued to watch cartoons. I made a few more requests then told Super Girl to go select clothing for her sister and informed Cabbage Patch that whatever sister selected she would HAVE to wear. Then I went to get dressed and put my hair up.

When I returned from the bathroom (which is still shiny and clean and vaguely smells of Clorox) Cabbage Patch had not moved. I again informed her that she had to get dressed only to be met with a chorus of NO's. I could see it was now time for Mommy Action. Gulping down the last of my coffee I turned off the DVD player and jerked the afghan off the whining mass on my sofa. With the skill of an experienced alligator wrestler I maneuvered that bratty 3 year old into her clothing, brushed her hair and put her shoes on her. I then considered that it probably would have been easier to wrestle an alligator as I would not have had to listen to the continuous whining while doing so. As soon as I loosened my grip on her, she darted up the stairs and into her room where I found her sprawled on her bed. I grabbed her by the ankles and pulled only to discover she was holding on to the bed rails. Luckily for me (and not her) I'm stronger than her and had a better grip on her ankles than she had on her bed. Soon she was off the bed and on her feet being led by the hand down the stairs. As soon as we got to the rails on the stairs, she grabbed one and held on whining loudly about how she WASN'T going to go to the park or feed the ducks. Again, my grip beat hers. She again tried the dart up stairs thing once my grip loosened but was beat out by a quick mom with a strong arm and good grip. Both offspring were herded out the door and off to the park we went. As if by some black magic not being cast by me, Cabbage Patch became an adorable sweet child as soon as we set foot on park property. And miraculously that held out until about 6:30 pm tonight. I'm not sure who has that voodoo doll or if it was just karma giving me a little break, but I am thankful.

You Talkin' To Me?

The crazy rodent with a pretty tail, looking at me, planning, plotting... I don't trust squirrels... Crafty little fuckers.

And Your Mother Dresses You Funny

Canadian geese here on a visa.

Run Forest! Run!

I know this photo makes it look like she was running in fear from the geese but really she was... Oh wait... She was doing that. Those geese are aggressive man!

One Pill Makes You Larger...


What? They just looked cool.

Anyway, the trip around the lake and brief jaunt in the play area was much fun for all. We came home, got drinks, the Little People put in a movie and had lunch. The Little People put in Forest Gump and much to my surprise, watch the whole damn movie. Freaks.

Speaking of movies, I watched the best damn movie last night. I'll do a whole post on it tomorrow. I've got a fucking headache right now so I'm feeling kind of crappy.

No comments: