Friday, July 08, 2005

Here's A Quarter Call Someone Who Cares

That really donesn't mean much now that calls from a payphone are like $.50 and most people use calling cards if they use payphones. I don't think "Here's a calling card at $.05 a minute, call someone who cares" has the same impact though.

That song does bring back memories though. Frightening memories of sheer terror of being in the back seat of a pick-up truck (extended cab), grippng the seat and praying for safety as a mad man whipped in and out of traffic as fast as he could possibly go. I'm speaking of one of D's psychotic ex's (she's had a few), this one I'll call Tduh (with the emphasis on the DUH part - he wasn't the brightest bulb in the box... but that's a MUTE point heheheh... that was a little joke for D, I know it's moot). Anyway that Here's a Quarter song was his favorite song. He used to play that song in the truck ALL the fucking time (and sing at the top of his lungs) - it really should have been a clue to D that maybe he wasn't a GOOD choice (you know I love ya girl!) But I digress... I suppose I shouldn't talk smack about a man who works for the po'po.

So anyway, speaking of other things that have gone up in price, MILK. DAMN! What the fuck is up with that? $3 a gallon! Gasoline is cheaper. I'm looking into switching the kids from cows milk to petrol.

No comments: