Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Nothing To See Here

I just thought I should make a public apology to all of you (3) who read this gawd-forsaken site on a regular basis (fuck, you have a boring and desperate life don't you?). Today will be yet another boring day to not read about. I'll be busy, busy, busy buried in fabric and sewing supplies. My deadline looms like a hungry vulture and I'm that road kill baking in the sun. Heh.. That was pure poetry.

Anyway, nothing has been happening here, as I've mesmerized my offspring with DVD's and high sugar snacks. They sit unmoving on the sofa softly murmuring along to the Disney songs spewing forth from the beloved television as I sew contentedly. Okay, that's utter bullshit, anyone who knows my progeny knows that they can't possibly sit still for more than 15 minutes at a time (can be say ADD?) and the addition of SUGAR only makes their gnat like attention span that much smaller. ANYWAY, I digress (as usual), nothing has happened here worth writing about... Okay, that's a lie... This was particularly funny...

ART WORK
Yesterday in my unsuccessful attempt to occupy my progeny's time so that I could sew uninterrupted, I pulled out the $.49 water colors and paper. About the time they wanted to paint, I realized what a BAD idea this was as far as giving myself time to sew as there's no way in hell I could leave them unattended for more than 30 seconds with cups of water and PAINT. What was I thinking? So I sat and watched as they both churned out many splotchy pieces of paper. Super Girl got up at one point with three pictures and announced "I have finished my masterpiece." in a very dramatic tone and quite fake accent. I smirked and asked how she did the picture (meaning - what the hell is it). She launched in to this explanation of how she worked with this color first and then went to the next color and how it worked together and yadda, yadda, yadda. I half way expected her to launch into some esoteric explanation of how the colors moved her and how the painting represented mans eternal struggle to be perfect or some other bullshit like that. And to top it off she did this all in her FAKE accent. I covered my mouth to hide my smirk and make myself appear interested. Man I wish I'd had that on video!

Okay, that's all... Move along now, nothing to see here.

No comments: