Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Stress Builds Character, Right?

I'm quite stressed right now, but what's new really. Among all the other things I have going on, I've been worried about my brother who lives in New Orleans. I really didn't know if he got out before Katrina hit. He and his wife had plans to leave NO the beginning of September to move closer to his wifes family, but I was holding out hope that when they saw that Katrina was going to hit, that they would have left early.

I just got word that my brother left a message for my sister early this morning that just got passed along to her - it was just wto words "I'm okay" then the line went dead. She said there was a lot of noise of people yelling and screaming for their turn on the phone behind him. I'm guessing that he's at the Superdome and that in and of itself makes me worry more. I'm glad he's alive, but I really was hopeing he was out of NO. All I can do now is pray and wait for another phone call.

Other Stuff

I feel as though I'm getting over my nasty cold and that's almost disapointing as that means I'll have to give up my beloved NyQuil. I'm almost actually FEELING better, but not quite as every time I get up to do something (like laundry) I suddenly get all sweaty and a little light headed. It might have something to do with the DayQuil I'm taking (which has ceased keeping me from being very very sleepy, but seems to keep me from having to blow my damned nose every 3 minutes).

Man Can Not Live On Macaroni and Cheese Alone

But a toddler can. Cabbage Patch has got to be the pickiest child. She refuses to eat anything other than Mac n' Cheese, slices of cheese, pickles and the occasional piece of chocolate.... unless she's really hungry, then I might be able to get her to eat a whole half of a pb&j sandwich. Mind you if I were to make a box of KMac, she'd eat nearly the whole damn thing. *sigh* So yeah.. I tell my kid that she needs to eat her sandwich or the monster that lives under my bed will come out and chew her toes off and she gets all wide eyed, but doesn't believe me. Then I look toward my door and say that the moster is going going to get her, and she laughs at me and says "mom, it was just a snake!" Kids.

No comments: