Friday, September 02, 2005

Much Grief and Relief

I watch the images of New Orleans with much distress and also relief. I'm relieved that my brother is not in New Orleans, but my heart is still very heavy seeing the destruction of the city I spent my early childhood in. The city both of my siblings were born in, the city my sister and I share fond memories of holding hands and singing as we walked to the store. The city my sister can still remember every address of every place we ever lived there. The one and only city that all of my family lived in at one time. I'm so sad to see it like this. My heart aches for all of the displaced residents.

If you can do something for the victims, please do.

The Red Cross
The Salvation Army


Volunteer your time if you can't give money, donate things if you can't do that.

No comments: