Friday, September 16, 2005

Starbucks Needs To Deliver!

Sometimes I have these 'what was I thinking' moments. Actually I have these a lot. This morning I just had to wonder if someone had replaced my normal vitamins with STUPID PILLS. Last night despite the fact that I NEED SLEEP, I stayed up talking to someone until nearly 2 am. doh! Now I CAN and DO run on a lack of sleep on a pretty regular basis (weekends for sure), but I really NEEDED to get to bed on time at the very least since I had to get up at 5:30 am this morning to take K to the train so I can use the car today. So, um... I need intravenous caffeine.

AND as if THAT wasn't enough, this morning after taking K to the train, I went into the kitchen to make the little people breakfast and I heard something skitter on the floor and thought "Oh! That lizard I saw last night in the kitchen must be back." Now, if I hadn't been sleep deprived I probably would have realized that itty bitty lizards generally don't make noise as they skitter across the floor. I looked in the general direction of the noise, hoping to see the lizard and instead saw a cute little charcoal gray fury rodent dash across the floor and under the fridge. My cute little gray gerbil, Hanta. THEN I remembered that YESTERDAY Bea chewed a hole through one of the tunnels. And all I did to remedy this situation was to stick some Duct Tape over the area. So yeah, one of them decided to do some exploring. She's back in her cage and the escape hole has been blocked with something a bit more substantial than Duct Tape.

And to top all that off... I had left over Mexican for breakfast... And now.. I have left-over-Mexican-food heartburn. Ugh. I also let my offspring dress themselves this morning with NO assistance or guidance from me (hey I was tired) and they apparently channeled into their red-neck white-trash genetics that were passed down from me. Super Girl is wearing an orange shirt (bright, Halloween orange), a denim skirt and pink boots. Cabbage Patch has the prize winning outfit of a sleeveless hot pink flowered shirt under a too short denim jumper dress with pink shorts under (for modesty, ya know)that can be seen poking out under the hem of her dress and blue monkey flip-flops. It's a master piece.

Okay, no I'm off to have some cereal and milk sprinkled with a couple of scoops of coffee grounds and take a few No-Doze.

No comments: