Monday, January 16, 2006

BUSTED!

It's funny how early kids become SNEAKY. Cabbage Patch is 4 and was just asking for more macaroni and cheese for dinner. I asked her if she finished her green beans as her plate was empty but she generally won't eat anything that isn't macaroni and cheese or cheese. She gave me a big smile and said that she she had eaten the green beans so I gave her more macaroni and cheese then asked her where her fork was and looked in the sink to see if she put it in the sink and lo and behold what do you think I saw in the sink? No, not a hippopotomas, stay focused here... I saw her green beans. I wish I could have taken a photo of her face at that very moment, it was hilarious, that "Oh shit, I'm busted!" look. Needless to say, she got more green beans and I get a giggle every time I think of that look on her face.

*update* (because you know you haven't gotten nearly enough of my self indulgent monronic discussion of my progeny's eating habits)

Cabbage Patch will not actually put the green beans in her own mouth, she has decided that the only way she will eat them is if i put them on the fork and feed them to her like she's a damn 6 month old. It's not that she doesn't LIKE them (when Super Girl was little she would only not eat things that made her GAG and even when I MADE her take a bite she would GAG) she just won't be bothered to put them in her own mouth. Sheesh, is it too late for an abortion? Just kidding! just kidding! Really! But I have considered Ebay!

No comments: