Monday, July 24, 2006

Overkill?

Last week I mentioned the BIG BUG in my bathroom that frightened The Little People so much that they chose to avoid my bathroom at ALL COSTS. I personally was scared shitless by the bug also, but had refused to do anything about the bug for two reasons 1 – I’m a big pussy in this area and just won’t squish a big nasty bug unless I absolutely have to, I prefer to either spray the hell out of it with whatever can of spray stuff is available and at hand or just practice ACTIVE AVOIDANCE (as in walk out of the room, close the door, nail it shut, seal all the cracks and brick it in… at least mentally that’s what I do, my desperate lack of building materials and experience keeps me from doing that) and 2 – I figured that if the BIG BUG scared the kids enough to make them stay OUT of my bathroom, then maybe I could strike a pact with it to keep the kids OUT of my bathroom – I figured if I refrained from spraying it and let it hide behind the trash bin, only to venture out when the offspring were in the bathroom and would run back to hiding when I made a presence, then I wouldn’t do anything drastic. It seemed somewhat insane but somehow reasonable.

Friday I ran a bath to shave my legs for my date later. Because I have progeny, I rarely EVER get to bathe solo if they are in the house. My oldest progeny ventured into the bathroom and stated that she would bathe with me, whatever, fine. She then questioned me as to whether I was afraid of the BIG BUG (no) and what would I do if it got in my bath (it won’t) and all that crap. I finally asked her to hush about the bug and went about shaving my legs. I finished and was about to tell Super Girl to wash her hair when I felt something brush my arm, I turned to look and lo and behold the BIG BUG was IN MY BATH WATER! Holy FUCK! I yelped something like “Gaaahhaghh! The BIG BUG!” and hauled my ass out of the water in record time. I think my offspring jumped from the tub all the way to my bed without ever having her feet touch the floor. Now the BIG BUG was on my bath pillow so I instructed Super Girl to go get the Napalm (bug spray) out of the kitchen as I stood there wide eyed staring at it. I must have sprayed half the can of bug spray on that fucker and decided that since I’d NEVER be taking a bath in THAT TUB EVER AGAIN, that the bath pillow would accompany the BIG BUG to his grave in the dumpster. Just glad I was FINISHED with the razor when the BIG BUG dive bombed me or I’d probably have amputated one of my legs!

Saturday we went shopping, I stopped at the poison section and carefully considered my options. I purchased a box of bug poison/bait traps. Today I’ve scrubbed my bathroom and put out ALL 8 of the traps in MY bathroom. Do you think that’s overkill or should I get another box?

No comments: