Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The BEST Birthday In The WHOLE FREAKING WORLD!

That’s how this year’s birthday has been! If this is any indication of how this year will be – IT’S GOING TO FUCKING ROCK! Heh.

It all started with a MAD dash to find nail salon that was still open after 7 pm. La Seg and I pulled up to a salon at 7:16 pm and I hopped out of the car and asked the nail techs if they would take us for quick manicures and pedicures. Luckily they were more than willing to take the money… er, I mean take us. The one nail tech was finishing up fills on a lady and the other moved with lightening speed that only years and years of Ninja Nail Tech training in the remote orient brings. She deftly set up the pedicure chairs and La Seg and I were soon seated in vibrating chairs with our feet marinating in blue water. Before we could finish discussing Brittany Spears skank-ness appearing in the newest tabloid magazine my toe nails were a lovely shade of sparkly red with cute little flowers on them and it was ready for me to move to the manicure table. (on a side note, the oddest thing that happened was the older woman with the big Texas Hair who was getting her nails done when we walked in, came over to me at this point and sang me happy birthday and kept touching me on the shoulder just kind of creeping me out. I just smiled and thanked her and tried not to choke on the fumes from her abundance of perfume.)

At the manicurist table I vacillated between getting tips or just a manicure until the manicurist finally made the decision for me and just painted my nails (flowers and sparkles to match the toes). We engaged in the strange conversation one has with a manicurist (Oh, how come I never see you in her? Oh it your first time getting pedicure? Hmmm… You no want French manicure? Oh, it you birthday? Happy Birthday. You want dis red? To match toes?)

In manicuring/pedicuring record time, we were both finished and shoved out the door. Then it was time for a fabulous Mexican dinner. The evening was topped off with a movie. For some fucked up reason we decided to go see “Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Bobby Ricky” (I’ll do a movie review on that soon). It was a most fabulous evening.

BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE! The Birthday Celebrating was just beginning! Saturday night was the dinner at Magic Time Machine.

I arrived after 6 pm with the lovely Angelina Ballerina in tow. Fashionably late, not that it mattered because two parties of 20 had arrived right before we arrived and La Seg was told that we’d have to wait 90 minutes to 2 hours. Yeah. Really.

We finally got lead to our table – THE SHORT BUS! How freaking appropriate is that? ME, the biggest DORK of all and my friends on the short bus. It was perfect. The food was amazing. But whatever about that – you can read a food review on their website or something… the MOST IMPORTANT thing came next. CAKE!!!!

This cake… dear gawd… hold on a second… I need a moment to myself… and a cigarette. Okay… I’m back. This was an intoxicating chocolate mouse cake with cream cheese frosting and little delicate chocolate curls on top. When I first laid eyes on it, I knew it was LOVE… or LUST or whatever, but I knew that this cake was a cake I could have a serious relationship with, this was a cake I wanted to have it’s chocolaty, cream cheese icicing covered babies. Somehow I managed to allow myself to let the other people at the table share in my delectable cake. Really it was too good to just keep to myself… Though I was sorely tempted. (Now imagine me up on the table crouched over the cake doing a Golum “Mine! My Precious!”)

I HEART CAKE!

Okay, enough of that for now. I must take a shower. There is MORE to write… so stay tuned!

No comments: