Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saturday Work

Wow, today totally felt like WORK. Well not all of it. I was having fun up until about an hour after I was scheduled to be off. Now I'm tired and thankful tomorrow is a DAY OFF for me. I plan to sleep until noon, get up to eat a samich and go back to bed.

Today was odd in that I had TWO tiered cakes to make. Both birthday cakes.

I forgot to put the BLACK on the cake. Luckily my boss covered for me by saying that as the decorator, I might not have thought black would look good on the cake. The mom was totally in LOVE with the cake.
Black trim probably would have made for a dramatic look.
I just liked this one. The woman showed up an hour early - just as I was starting the cake so I rushed through it. It still looks stunning.
This one is actually kind of fucked up. I was getting WAY tired and sloppy in my work.
I forgot to mark the cake for the top tier so it's not sitting right. I'm hopeful it won't tumble off the top before it gets picked up. (knocking on wood, crossing fingers, wishing on star, etc.)

I actually prefer stacked tiered cakes with 3 or more tiers to have a support down the center. This I did not have time to do unfortunately.

Now I'm tired. If I happen to have trouble sleeping tomorrow, I'll write more.

No comments: