Tuesday, October 01, 2002

Well I'm pretty damn'd excited. My uncle is giving me a car. It's an old car, but it's a car and since I do not have a car (hubby and I share one car) I am appreciative of any car that runs. I look forward to not having to drop my husband off before I head off to work, and even more not having to wait in the parking lot for him to get off work after I do as I can not justify the extra gas it takes to drive all the way home and come back down to get him at the end of his work day... or usually, I there's no physical way to make it home and back to his work in a timely manner. So Thursday I hope a Greyhound for a 3 hour 45 min trip to pick up my car. My grandmother will meet me at the bus stop and we'll have lunch, chat a while - then I'm headed back home - one car richer. :o) I know it's silly, but I'm extremely excited. And I don't even mind the bus trip, I have this baby blanket I need to get finished - the baby I'm making it for is getting baptised this weekend and I really want to give it to them as a baptism present.

So, I've been cleaning house most of the day... not that my house was dirty, just getting a little cluttered. And it's laundry day. I did 3 loads of laundry, got everything folded and hung up, changed the sheets on my bed, cleaned my bathroom, vacuumed the livingroom and the bedroom and swept the floor in the kitchen. Part of the reason for making sure it's nice and clean is that our apartments is going to be inspecting people's apartments tomorrow. Checking for any kind of maintenance problem. So... we are going to be hiding the cats tomorrow since they are little fugitives. *sheesh* the trouble I go through for them.... even after they puke on the floor this morning. Cats.... So anyway... back to cleaning... I was vacuuming and my vacuum cleaner started giving off this smell... kind of like burning rubber or something... I just shut it off - I was done vacuuming at that point (small livingrooms can be a blessing). But I sure as hell hope it doesn't break on me! This would be the 2nd vacuum to break on me. Not that this one was very expensive - $50 at WalMart... seems that bagless is the way of the future, so all the bagged kind are going down in price. yeah I'd love a bagless, but they are expensive.... well just out of my price range. *sigh* what a boreing life I lead...here I am talking about vacuum cleaners... next thing you know I'll be discussing the best way to dust...

No comments: