Friday, October 04, 2002

Whew.... busy day. I love my car. My Car. MY Car. MY CAR! I LOVE MY CAR!!! HAHAHAHA!

OK, before I start on today, let me cover yesterday and the day before.... OK, so Tuesday I ask DH if I can can have his left over steak for lunch, and he says sure. So that's what I had for lunch. About 9:30 pm I start having a really acidy stomach despite taking something for it. By 10 pm I'm feeling a bit sick. I realize that hubby did infact have food poisoning Sunday night/Monday morning. *sigh* now I have it... About 1 am I start hurling... all night long I do that. The next morning... I have to get up... Wednesday we had an appointment we could NOT miss. So... I pack a bunch of plastic bags... have hubby put the dry toast I asked him to make me (but the smell was turning my stomach so I didn't eat) in a zip lock, grab a BIG glass of water, the bottle of pepto and we were off. I wait for him outside his work for about an hour... eat a few bites of toast, a few gulps of pepto... total misery... So out he comes, we head off... the sickness hits... uggh... no details but hubby had to make a detour to the Target to pick me up some clothes. Ya know.. changing in the car is no fun... especially when your stomach is turning. So we go off to the appointment (hope to hell they were impressed that I made it even though I felt like crap!), hubby drives me home, gives me medicine to calm my stomach and make me sleep. Wednesday was also the day the apartments were planning inspections for our building... and I have two refugee cats... So... we had put the cats in the carrier before we left and they went with us on our adventure, hubby put them in my closet when he brought me home. Later that night I was feeling well enough to eat a small bowl of KMac. (comfort food...) I still had to take more medicine before bed... anytime I have anything that makes me throw up, it takes a while for my stomach to calm.. it's because I have GERDS (reflux disease)... I don't know why it makes it worse.. but I was told that. So off to bed... Hubby tells me that he'll get me up at 6:30 am.

Thursday - this is my day to pick up MY CAR! So I'm feeling better, groggy, but better. Luckily I had set my alarm for 6:30 am, because guess who's husband didn't wake me? Yeah mine. So I get up, take a shower, get out, turn on the computer... look for breakfast... all of the sudden it hits me that I have to be on the bus at 8 am, and leaving at 7am to go all the way downtown in rush hour traffic was a dream and an impossibility. So I run to the bathroom and pound on the door, tell hubby that it's almost 7 and we have to get going! He says ok. He's dressed in record time, we stash the cats in my closet - still not sure if they inspected the apartment or not... and we rush out the door. 7:10 am. Damn... We get to the bus station at 8:10 am. Damn it. I get another ticket - the next bus leaves at 1:15 pm! DAMN! that's not until AFTER I would get there! (I would have gotten there at 11:45 am) I'm furious with hubby. I tell him to leave.... (not nicely either) and I wait at the bus station (which is not as bad as it sounds - I sat knitting a baby blanket most of the time - went for a walk and had lunch... forgot where my favorite place was, so didn't have the 'Perfect' lunch though...). funny thing was, I read a horoscope that morning that had said that I would deal with crazy people - and I ended up at the BUS STATION that day HAHAHAHA! No crazies until we lined up for the bus, one obnoxious guy who kept making comments about EVERYTHING and every so often he'd put his headphones on and sing along to his radio... sheesh.. I made sure he got on the bus ahead of me so I would not sit anywhere near him. The trip was completly uneventful, I knitted the whole way. I got there, and my grandmother was waiting, hubby had NOT gotten ahold of her before she left the house, so she had been waiting for the FIRST bus for me, and she was paniced that I had gotten off at the wrong place, and had called everyone looking for me... *sigh* when my husband finally did get ahold of her, she reemed his ass. lol... so I didn't have to when I got home. She and I went back to her place, got the car and a few things.. had dinner really quick and I was off - it was 7 pm by then. She filled up the car for me and I drove all the way back. The car is a dream. The gas mileage is AWESOME! I drove over 200 miles (without stopping) and used just over half a tank of gas! I finally put a little gas in the car today... it was up to 275 miles... and I was a little paranoid about that... maybe the gas gage is wrong... seems fine so far though. I do need to get the freon replaced in the air conditioner.. and the horn needs to be fixed, but it runs great. I got home at 11:30 pm.

My grandmother was worried about me driving at night - I was fine though - it's a straight shot from here to there... she wanted me to stay the night but I had to work today. And it's a good thing I didn't give in - I had totally forgotten I had to cover an extra hospital this morning! Good thing Tammy called to remind me last night. Tomorrow I have to make sure EVERYONE at my busy hospital is done - even people going home on Sunday... Why... we have a baptism to go to on Sunday ... and my manager is not sure anyone will be there to cover the hospital. *sigh* I'll do what I can. Oh and that move to the other hospital on the weekends isn't going to happen just yet... apparently the person she was going to get to take one of my hospitals didn't work out.. Oh well... Must make dinner now...

No comments: