Saturday, November 30, 2002

Well, it's past Thanksgiving and I've finally found a few moments to make it back to the computer. Have you missed me? ;o) I'll take that as a yes. I've been horribly busy since Wednesday before Thanksgiving until just NOW. I've been feeling that my life has gone into hyper drive and I'm just along for the ride... I really hate that feeling... maybe after next week it will slow down... Next week will be horribly busy and crazy... and stressful... but enough about that...

Ahhhh a Turkey Stupor....

Nothing says Thanksgiving like overeating and falling into a turkey stupor... This year I made the turkey... and it was fabulous if I do say so myself. Everyone kept saying how good it was and how juicy it was (*note the past holiday turkeys served in this family have been something akin to turkey shaped cardboard)... so the turkey was devoured. But alas, my pumpkin pies were utter crap. I used a new recipe and they were just barely edible. *sigh* good thing father in law brought cheese cake and cake for dessert. I was denied my turkey stupor though. We were at the in-laws house and sat around watching DVD's and talking, but no one napped. Damn it! I love my turkey stupor! We collected our dishes and left overs and headed home about 11:30 PM. I had to work on Friday but as soon as I got home I had some of the left over turkey and took a nap... but it was not the same... It was a pale imitation. *sigh* Anyway.. much to my surprise we only had enough left over turkey for lunch yesterday! Damn... I made a good turkey.

No comments: