Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Relatively Disapointed

My nephew will be coming home soon. This is the nephew who left for boot camp the beginning of May. He didn't make it through. He weasled his way out of the army because I guess he got tired of having people tell him what to do. I'm desperatly disapointed with him. He worked so hard to get OUT of the army once he joined - he would have graduated from basic last week. Now he will be discharged from the military the end of this week or the begining of next week. My sister and I have spent countless hours on the phone and in person discussing all of this. She's very angry with him but mostly disapointed. She's also afraid for him. Afraid that he'll continue to try to slide through life and not take responsibilty... that and be a major con. That sounds like maybe being too hard on him, but it's not. He's a habitual liar and a con. It's very frustrating. We had all hoped that the military would teach him a little maturity and how to be a responsible person. I guess not.

No comments: